New Bath Install Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is installing a new bath very hard? i can pipe to and from and seal waste/overflow's, i am just curious if baths are hard to level out/spread the weight as i am thinking of replacing my bathroom suite before the end of the year.

Do baths come with instructions as they vary i think? some diy books say they have brackets to secure to a wall. some say planks of wood under the feet are supplied with the bath aso? any tips?

Sponsored Links
It depends on the bath. Lots of posts here. Applied common sense, really, don't simply trust the manufacturer.

It's not really all that hard to do, no. I generally screw battens to the walls the bath is butting up against (make sure they're dead level) and rest the rim of the bath on them, then drop the feet down. Don't forget to put a generous amount of silicone between the bath and the wall to create a seal.

Sponsored Links
i have instaed a bath 2 years ago in my house. i scrwed a wooden batten to the wall (well i used no more nails) - and then screwed the bath brackets to this, adjusted the feet level and al was fine.

but dress the bath first, ie make sure the taps/waste is in place (makes it a lot easier)!. also fill the bath up with water and leave to settle for a while before sealing between the bath edge and wall with sealant!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back