New Bath Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody, new here to the forum.
I'm looking to find the most shallow bath trap on the market so I can fit my bath as low as possible. The one I have at the minute is around 5 inches deep, from the base of the bath to lowest point of the trap bend itself. Is there a more shallow one available? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You could remove a small section of floorboard to accommodate a deep trap .
Or Google shallow bath traps.

Traps are the size they are to comply with Building Regulations, which specify a minimum water depth within the trap of 50mm

Sponsored Links
Traps are the size they are to comply with Building Regulations, which specify a minimum water depth within the trap of 50mm
Does that apply to bath waste expelling into a hopper ?

Does that apply to bath waste expelling into a hopper ?
I don't believe so, no, but equally it's quite some time since I came across such an arrangement. Certainly in my area, the vast majority now have dedicated stacks

I don't believe so, no, but equally it's quite some time since I came across such an arrangement. Certainly in my area, the vast majority now have dedicated stacks
New builds ( well for many many years) don't have hoppers ,but older property's do. That system ,not being prone to SV issues ,would in some ways be preferential. I wonder what the primary reason is for their demise ?

I think I heard it was considered unhygenic to have dirty water cascading into a hopper, splashing out onto people below.

Some of these would be owned by grimy people who pee in the basin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back