New bathroom suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Been looking at bathroom suites. Currently have a coloured suite. :(

We have had a look at Roca, Ideal, Pura and Tavistock.
I have found a Roca Laura wc and sink that we like, but have read a few reviews about the cistern internals failing / needing cleaning frequently.

Is this still the case or are they generally very good?

Also found some taps made by Ultra, who I have never heard of, but come with a 10 year guarantee so seem ok. Anyone know of them?

I don't want to go for cheap stuff which may cause fitting difficulties or fall apart after a year.

Many thanks
Ads

Sponsored Links
I have fitted Roca suites and think they are quite good for the price. As far as I know there have been no problems with the cistern internals but as everything seems to fail quickly these days, I wouldn't worry too much. They can always be replaced with better makes should they fail.

Ideal Standard IMO is still one of the best and will be reflected in the price.

Thanks, Yeah I did find an Ideal WC which we liked but couldn't warrent spending nearly £400 on a toilet.

The Roca one is a lot more in budget. I have heard of people buying cheap no-name toilets and then having difficulties finding spares so it's good to know the internals on Roca are a standard size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back