New biasi combi to much co

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had a new biasi combi fitted buy some cowboys builders which I have now sacked.
The boiler was running fine but I called gas safe to check all out and they have condemned it as unsafe because it is producing way to much co 10.000
Ppm or something.My question is will biasi come out and sort this ou under warrenty or do I need to pay a new gas fitter to check it.thanks

Sponsored Links
No, it is condemned, thus your warranty is void. It needs taking off and refitting by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.

Top tip that applies to everyone, never ever allow any builder to control the plumbing, heating and electrics aspect, on a new build or extension/refurb

The problem is going to be the way it has been fitted.

But why did you not report the builders to Gas Safe and see what action they took against them?

Where did you find the builders?

Tony

Sponsored Links
WTF have they done for a new boiler to be producing 10k ppm :eek:

We have not been told the model but a common installer's error was with the flue seals.

Including those fitted by GS installers!

I went to one fitted privately by an Eaga employee and used the Company gas reg number and he left out the flue seal.

That cost the homeowner £84 but he did not want to report the installer for fitting a boiler when not gas registered for that work.

An employer's gas reg does not cover an employee for private jobs he does. For private work he has to have his own registration.

Tony

No idea flue wasn't sealed through the wall flow returns in 15m
Prv in plastic it's a mess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back