new boiler advice appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to change a vokera 80 boiler. housed in a bathroom within a cupboard
there's 6 radiators in my house and i would really like something with better hot water flow 14l +
the plumbers i have spoken with have said an ideal, baxi or even another vokera but reading on here i kind of get the idea ideal and vokera aren't much liked
is there a boiler that would suit me better than the ones i have been told about ? that I could ask local (gateshead) corgi guys to estimate for ?

thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
Do a search on this forum on the Broag 39C. Get the outside temperature sensor. 5 yr guarantee and quality.

Yet there are people (me for instance) who think Vokera is a great boiler. Yet to rip one out just because someone was advised they need a new boiler. You will possibly have an Excel. A good service by someone who knows his Vokera will do wonders for the boiler. If you are looking to improve the flow rate, why not get an unvented cylinder fitted (and await BB saying they are dangerous) to supply HW in bathroom and let combi service kitchen taps.

Unvented gives you independence should the (any) combi break down.

Broags are good for their price, but only medium quality.

For better quality look at the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 837, but will cost more. Only a 2 year warranty, unless fitted by an installer such as me, but no hidden clauses with the warranty as the Broag has :rolleyes: 5 year warranty is not always a full 5 year warranty as googling may suggest.

I fit both and would choose which one fits your budget.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies guys

it is an excel 80, just when i moved in i found out it was leaking, got a plumber out to look and the air vent has gone. plumber made a temporary repair ( could have sworn he put a car tyre air cap on the vent and some tape) to change that, would cost as it would need entire pump unit i'm told, so i'm looking to replace the entire boiler before i tile

i'm considering the linea 32 and having a look into the valiant range at the moment

thanks again

Unlike you Dr Drivel, I fit broags, Vaillants and ATAG's as standard options to my customers.

You have never got nearer to any of them than caressing the brochure pages.

Forum laughing stock :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I used the :idea: ignore button :idea: to change bigbullshit into a pilot light; you can see it is still alive but that is all. Quite a relieve.:cool:

Yes, but burying your head in the sand doesn't point out to unsuspecting posters what an idiot the forum laughing stock is :cry:

Yes, but burying your head in the sand doesn't point out to unsuspecting posters what an idiot the forum laughing stock is :cry:

But you don't have to read the nonsense every time; you see the block message and you check if someone has warned the o.p. and if not, a quick note that he actually does not know anything will do the job.
At least he is harmless and does not give "advice" on how to work on boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back