New boiler and flue, and some basic pipework - quote?

Also CORGI registration has nothing to do with reputation - it is about following a set of rules. Providing those rules are followed then everything is hunky dory with CORGI. They are only interested in Gas Safety - nothing else!

and thats following those rules one 2 days every 5 years... plus your mandatory corgi checks, and post completes dont really show much up.

lets not forget the guys that say they ar eregistered and just get a mate tom sign off the jobs either.

Sponsored Links
FYI I have just paid £3750 to have my old boiler and gravity fed system removed, and replaced with a new Combi boiler and sealed system pipework with the new boiler relocated to the loft, 4 new rads, and new thermostat rad valves all round. They were able to recycle the pipework upstairs (only 3 rooms (4 rads total) not too much pipework anyway and is more recent than the rest of the property) but all of downstairs was repiped etc to make a sealed system (a further 12 rads downstairs. This also included naturally removing the old hot water tank, overflow, etc etc. This took them about 3-4 days in the end but they did get tied up on a few minor issues. This was the cheapest quote I got (although the relocation of my boiler was a fair bit more drastic to yours) and I think very fairly priced. I was priced for the job, not the amount of time it took them, and we have had a few teething problems which they are continueing to return and repair faults with naturally free of charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back