New boiler - Biasi 24he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to replace a old combi in our flat. Been offered a supply and fit on a Biasi 24he inc powerflushing for £1,250 + VAT (London).

First thoughts are that the model could be any model in the Biasi range after looking at the website or could 24he refer specifically to an older model?

Can a "24" cope with a 2 bed flat (5 rads) and power a mains shower?

Thanks for any insight.

I realise Biasi are not the Rolls Royce's of the boiler world but even this price will be stretching us a fair bit for the foreseeable.

Sponsored Links
most likely it will be the new mark 2 m96A

this boiler at minimum power(11kw) would still be enough to heat your flat. it will do a fine job of giving you a shower. only thing is you must remember it is a 1 tap at a time boiler.

most important thing with any boiler is to get it fitted correctly, that way you have the best chance of having a long life boiler.

Thanks very much for the info.

That's A rated? No issues with one tap at a time in such a small place - only 2 sinks and only a cold inlet on the WM.

no, it is B rated the "A" marks it out as the second gen m96. if it is that boiler, would ask your installer which biasi you are getting.

Sponsored Links
We would quote over the phone about £1390 inclusive if there are no complications. We dont set out to be cheap so that quote sounds more expensive than many would be!

The Biasi is sold cheaply but its a very reliable boiler and just very good value. It now has a two year warrantee but thats not important with a reliable model.

The important thing with any boiler installation is that the system is properly cleaned.

Tony

If this is the B rated combi (?) , than the 2nd heat exchanger or recouperator is now Alloy as opposed to stainless steel , in my opinion a bad change , I have dealt with Biasi U.K on many occasions , & there boilers are in my view reliable , but they are a lousey company to deal with , some of us may be of the opinion that there service agents are running a Scam , to which Biasi U.K turn a blind eye & deaf ear to ??
Biasi U.K technical dept' stated on the 8th april 2008 , when I reported a fault with 1 of there boilers in warranty , & I quote .
' We dont get involved with intermittent faults ' ' You will have to tell your customer to contact us direct when the fault becomes permanent '
My advice stay away from Biasi U.K!!

On the M96 Mk II, the recouperator does have an alloy OUTER casing but the water pipe inside is still stainless!

As an RGI you will understand the problem of identifying intermittent faults and I would also say something similar to our customers. Not exactly constant but frequent enough for me to have a good chance of seeing the problem for myself. Most understand this.

I am surprised that you seem to expect something different from the manufacturer of reliable boilers sold at a reasonable price.

As for a service agent's scam, could you explain how you think this works? I think there are some of them who watch this site and they probably would like to know too!

Tony

Biasi U.K are the only manu' that have told me that they don't deal with intermittent faults during the in-warranty period , even after they are told what the fault is !!! in my view price of the boiler has nothing to do with it .

Service agents ,Biasi U.K , why would anyone want to be a service agent for biasi u k , the money they were paying was or is a joke ! would barely cover your costs , so whats in it for them ?? I know , probably something to do with the 6 sheets of A3 paper advertising themselves that they leave on various call outs , e.c.t e.c.t . Who is your local service agent ? his intials , would do , see if I know him ??

G.W , well he's been a service agent for Biasi U.K for a good many years , Mr B.J.R , biasi u.k refered to Mr G.W as Mr British Standards .
Did not biasi uk dispense with his services some years ago , due to & I quote 'We got rid of him due to problems ' , they declined to inform me as to what those problems were . But due to the fact that they pay such poor money , as Mr G.W has stated on several occasions , they had to get him back . Is he still measuring the height of roomstats off the floor , when carrying out biasi uk inwarranty work ?

I dont know who BJR is! But it may be someone who left some while ago and has been replaced as indicated on their web site.

But more interesting, whats the scam?

Tony

They are a boiler manufacturer just like Viessmann, Vaillant and Worcester!

Tony

The last boilers I installed were:-

Vaillant

Worcester

Viessmann

Viessmann

Viessmann

Viessmann

Viessmann

Worcester

Worcester

I am just starting to fit another Viessmann !

Does that really make me a Biasi fan?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back