New boiler - Biasi 24he

:) Interesting , your obviously a clued up on boilers , (well thats my impressiom) , but I must admit you take every given oppurtunity , to express less than favourable remarks about others , e.g Plumbers repairing boilers , B.G part fitters , Transco numptys , you tend to question the competence of every one ?? to what ends I ask myself ?

Not unlike the infamous Mr G.W , Biasi u.k service engineer , who should always remember what go's around , eventually comes around . The scam , yes the scam .........

Sponsored Links
I do like to see clever competent people.

Like the African security guard at Wickes who knows all the product codes for every item!

GW is very well know at the "medieval renactments".

Now what the scam?

I will be losing sleep until I know!

Tony

:) If the African security guard is clever why is at Wickes ?never confuse intelligence with being clever , & always understand the meaning of the
word arrogance .
I said ,& I chose my words carefully 'Some of us May be of the Opinion that the service agents are running a scam'

How much are they payed by Biasi U.K to attend a faulty boiler in warranty? When I was offered this work , by a Mr Alan Street , formally of biasi U.K , who incidentally was (is) a decent bloke to deal with , I nearly fell of my chair laughing . Some while after that I had a meeting with a Mr G.O , another decent bloke , in that disscusion it became fairly apparent to me that the only reason you would want to be a service agent , was how can I put it oppurtunities present themselves , which might mean (?) obtain (poach) customers , ect ect ect , 'To be continued'

B.J.R , was a training officer for Biasi u.k , & subsquently there seervice manager. Incidentally pulled one of the new alloy reccouperators apart as of yet cant find any stainless steel .

:) Due to a number of complaints made by disgruntled installers , at our local supplier , with reference to a certain biasi service agent biasi sent one of there reps down, I was present along with 4 others all of whom had there obligatory 6 page advertising literature , advertising the service agent , that was left on every in-warranty call out , the name biasi wasnt even on it !! I've always kept my copy & every so often I show it to various boiler man' reps , the reaction is always the same , 'your having a laugh' , or words to that effect . Some time after this in a conversation with Biasi U.K I was told & I quote 'We got rid of him due to problems '

Do you want me to continue agile??

Sponsored Links
Is that all about GW then?

I was told on their Installer Live stand by their current training officer that the alloy HE had a stainless tube inside. I have never disected one.

Do I take it that I was given duff gen? ( That reminds me that at one time our manager had been a training officer and his name was Cleminson. He became known as "Duff Gen Clem" ! )

I am still not sure what this "scam" is. If just one ex-service agent gave out a six page publicity document that that hardly seems like a countrywide scam to me. Presumably the customer could always throw it away?

Tony

Don't know if you have been given duff imformation , although that in my expierience would not be unusual for biasi u/k , the one I am looking at might have stainless under the fins , without cutting it i cant tell but the 2 ends are certainly alloy , in which case they have joined stainless tube to alloy tube??? . Be back in a while see u later .

The early G-W condensing boiler had a water tube of stainless but it was inserted into an alloy finned tube.

Tony

:) I will take a closer look later , but I dont think this is the case .
Any way , another service agent appeared on the seen , a company who used 3 intials , so I won't name them , they had a slightley different approach to advertising themselves , thay used advertising stickers affixed to every boiler they visited during any in-warranty work . these stickers had variuos boiler man' names on them , but not Biasi !

I complained to biasi u.k about this practice (in writing) Mr B.J.R , said theres nothing wrong in it all manu's do it , he refered to it as & I quote 'giving the customer choice' . The only prob with that is or was good old B.J.R (biasi u.k) probably lost sight of who the customer might be . Would it be the person with the boiler hanging on the wall , who never asked for a Biasi , & had never heard of them , or would it be the person who sold , speciefied the boiler , the person who gave an extra years warranty on the boiler when biasi only gave 1 year , the person who wrote to 1 independant merchant chain (B&G) on 4 seperate occasions asking them to stock Biasi boilers with a guarantee to purchase a min ,' of 4 a month , the person who chased there product around the U.K in order to obtain it , the person who wrote to biasi U.K offering them any help in this area should they ever need it , or perhaps the person who's name was put foward by 1 small supplier , to answer any queries that some customers (Installers), who expressed an interest in fitting biasi boilers I took at least 14 calls & my response was allways positive .
Due to a number of complaints made by others , Biasi eventually sent out a memorandum to all service agents asking them to stop useing advertising stickers ! signed by T.K
To be continued

:)

Biasi eventually sent out a memorandum to all service agents asking them to stop useing advertising stickers ! signed by T.K
To be continued

Whoever TK is or was, why should Biasi service agents put stickers on a boiler with anything other than their own name on it?

Is the scam just putting stickers on boilers?

I have both business cards and stickers to put on boilers. But I always ask the customer's permission before sticking anything on them.

I never knew that anyone could describe giving a card or sticking a sticker as a scam.

Tony

:) never said it was a scam , you can put what you like on your customers boilers , after all they contracted you , note the term contracted you
they did not contract some service agent , who is merely taking advantage of a given situation . Perhaps if a particular company like say the gas board contract you to carry out some work on there behalf you would make an attempt to poach there customers , in which case you would fit in well with the biasi u.k organisation , I took the trouble to contact numerous boiler manufacturers , & I asked them wether they condone this practice amongst there service agents , you know of one tell me who I will contact them ???
In any event the particular service agents did not last long , probably built up a service round for themselves , we than had the return of Mr G.W .
to be continued !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back