New boiler/ heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is my first time on this forum and in need of some advice before getting the professionals in.
Have just moved in to a house that has a floor standing boiler using the chimney as its flue, the system is gravity and needs updating as takes over 1h to produce a reasonable amount of hot water. The chimney needs to be rebuilt or removed, so was wondering if the chimney was remove what are my options. The boiler is sited in the middle of the house with no outside wall near by, the only place to put a new boiler would be in the loft. I would want a condensing boiler if replacing the existing one. Is this possible and would it mean having a sealed system installed. Or would it make more sense to go with having the chimney rebuilt and the system updated to a fully pumped system and a replacement floor standing boiler.

Just want an idea of what may be possible. Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Anything is possible, depending on your budget.
Modern wall mounted boilers can be sited almost anywhere, either using
flue through an outside wall or flue vertical through roof.

You would need a fixed access ladder with grab rail, flooring and lighting for the loft, maybe even a cage around the boiler.

You can have either a vented or sealed system if you do not want a combination boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back