New Boiler???? help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting my boiler replaced - just wat to replace the old one not intending to be in the property for more than say 4 years

and have been suggested a few options

Firstly:
Potterton Profile L
50,000btu

Other company
Potterton Suprima L

one company quoted for a 60,000 btu
another go for an 80,000 btu

Q Are any of these any good? And reliable any known faults?

Q and is it better to go for the bigger btu one - or will that cause problems????

I believe I currently have a 50,000 btu one the first one chap said to replace with the same size btu one!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
.....not intending to be in the property for more than say 4 years

That's irrelevant. Do the job properly and DON'T do something quick and dirty that you then hand on to someone else. This happens all too often. If you do this, be sure what goes around, comes around.

Well said - yes I agree with you !

Sorry i didn't mean to inferr doing it 'cheap' at the mo

Just want to get something decent for a reasonable price (don't we all!!) but must be reliable!

- Any of the pottertons any good then!??
- What about the btu outputs - is bigger better??

Many thanks

Suprima is not the most reliable of boilers having under gone a couple of control board redesigns and still proving troublesome at £160 at time, also gas valves where prone to sticking in mornings. On the otherhand the profile is an excellent boiler with a proven reliability record over the last ten years or so.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for that

the words proven and reliability for the profile sound good to me!

Many thanks!

Any thought on the btu and having a higher rating!???

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back