??New boiler or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I previously posted about hot water not working on my Heatslave 9.24 combi boiler. I previously had the diverter valve cleaned out, and it worked ok till yesturday. I wanted a new diverter valve fitted, but I have been told that is a waste of money and the gas fitter I have spoke to says its better to fit a new boiler for approx £1300+. Is this right, as the boiler works fine for the heating, and was Ok for the water also, until the diverter valve went. Can anybody offer advice at all?? and I getting ripped off?

Many Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
If the rest of the boiler is fine I would just do the valve, difficult to give a proper opinion without seeing it as some boilers have been flogged to death over five years in a house with a family of six with a corner bath to fill, and some have done very little with an old couple who use the electric shower and rarely have the heating on cause they were brought up hard and dont like the house hot.

Thanks.

It dosnt get flogged to death by me, and the previous occupants were a young couple with no Kids. How much should I be paying for a new diverter valve??

Chris

Sponsored Links
Have you any reccomendations for a replacement for the heatslave 9.24 and what would be a resonable price for fitting?? I can prob source a boiler myself, but need a corgi reg to fit

Chris

Jeeeezzzzzzz, how longs a peice of string :eek: impossible to say, have you seen how many boilers of different spec, make, qaulity, plus all the regs on Part L, flushing, Benchmark etc, I need to lay down, gone dizzy thinking about it, get 3 quotes from local guys.
Oh I normally stick to Worcester 28Cdi's with the RF Digistat, all works for me, price anything to anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back