New Boiler - Poor Heating - No Hot water.

STL are Intergas installers, they come and quoted for me last month but come back some silly amount so I told them I wasn't interested, been pestering me via text ever since, seems like a lucky escape for me.

In that case, I would recommend that the op contacts Intergas directly to tell them that their recommended suppliers are fitting massively oversized boilers and leaving the installation inoperable. I would then ask Intergas as a reputable company what they can do for me. Maybe they can lean on the installers a bit to correct everything, or may even help directly. Worth a try.

Sponsored Links
Intergas don't "recommend installers They just those who have did the training like most other installers

Worst they can do is drop the company from their listings.

Otherwise they have no authority over the installers

The best thing the OP can do is contact Gas Safe and request an inspection. Chances are, if the work is as bad as described or will be riddled with other errors.

I think the fact that Intergas list installers will rightly or wrongly be seen as a recommendation by some people. I realise that Intergas have very little power to do anything, but delisting incompetent installers would benefit everyone.

Sponsored Links
:DMorning all. Thanks for taking an interest in my Woes!!:D
I had another guy come around last night who couldn't recommend anything, to make it work. So I asked him to quote for fitting TRV's to the remaining Rads, fit a new 3 way valve and controller, drain system, re-add the chemical inhibitors, and balance the system. He said maybe half a day...maybe a day. So £350 - £550. o_O

I've now gone to Checkatrade.com, to see if anybody can give me a straight answer. Incidentally, STL Heating have not come back to me. However as I took out a Low interest payment solution with Hitachi, I believe I can stop the direct debit and Hitachi will have to sort them out.

The Intergas Boiler OV30 (30KW), I chose on their recommendation. House is 2100ft2 - 13 rads - 13 rooms - 4 beds with Teenagers that use loads of water. I somehow don't think I have any recourse to fit a smaller boiler. :(

Incidentally, is it a cock-up having a TRV fitted to the large Rad next to the thermostat?:confused:

Thanks again all. I got washed in cold water last night. I am a Geordie and one would think that this should not be a problem.........however I am as soft as sh1te and can't wait for a HOT BATH!!!!!:rolleyes:

Good Morning Dan

Many thanks for the info. I am on it now.(y) Need that water.....I'm getting a bit 'niffy!:LOL:

One of the best Intergas agents lives in Hartlepool if that's near you I can give him a shout and see if he's interested???

Hi Razor

I actually now live in Nuneaton just outside of Coventry.......so I'm only a pretend Geordie now I am afraid!! I've located a Gas Engineer who lives on my estate. He has quoted me £300 for the day to fit the 4 x TRV's and 1 x 3 way valve and controller and balance the system. (y)

Let us see what happens after this. I have done all that I know now. :unsure:

Erm you have the two people who have seen more Intergas boilers than anyone else in this country within ten miles of you then ;)

Erm you have the two people who have seen more Intergas boilers than anyone else in this country within ten miles of you then ;)

Hi Razor.....if that is so.....how do I teleport them to my humble abode and arrange Sky credits for payment not at the end of a light sabre? :whistle:

Or put more simply...who are they and how do I contact them to sort my Hot and Cold Issues out? :D

I’m wondering how you came to the conclusion that new TRV’s and a 3-port valve will solve the issues?

Hi Razor

I actually now live in Nuneaton just outside of Coventry.......so I'm only a pretend Geordie now I am afraid!! I've located a Gas Engineer who lives on my estate. He has quoted me £300 for the day to fit the 4 x TRV's and 1 x 3 way valve and controller and balance the system. (y)

Let us see what happens after this. I have done all that I know now. :unsure:

Why would you get the work done without identifying the problem? Although the 3P valve if internally damaged may be an issue, though it does not jive with the high return temp.

Regards finance: DO NOT just stop paying the DD. It will be a default and you will cause issues. You may be able to regard the finance company as equally liable as the installer for any loss, but you need to follow the process

Regards finance: DO NOT just stop paying the DD. It will be a default and you will cause issues.
yes,good advice dont do that but you can write a letter to them telling them the the installation is incomplete or you have defects with the installed system and the installers are refusing to reply to any of your requests to rectify your installation and you are now asking the credit company for assistance.

Its just to put them in the picture,its part of the legal process (n)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back