New Boiler to replace Potterton Netaheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to replace my Potterton Netaheat boiler vented system.

It is for a 4 bed house and was wondering what boilers do you recommend as a replacement.

Sponsored Links
Viessmann B1GA 100-W if you're wanting to stay open-vented. If you're going to sealed system then either Vaillant ecotec plus or Intergas Xclusive

This isn't a recommendation! I was just wondering what the engineers on here think about the open-vented Alpha I keep looking at. It's got a stainless steel heat exchanger and very good modulation, has quite a few settings you can tweak, and seems very good value. It also does weather compensation and has built in PDHW (by two different methods!), although I can't work out whether it does OpenTherm.

Last edited:
I plan to replace my Potterton Netaheat boiler vented system.

It is for a 4 bed house and was wondering what boilers do you recommend as a replacement.
I recommend choosing a hot water priority set up…..your set up will be as important as the boiler choice in terms of efficiency, more so possibly.

A new boiler fitted into a traditional S or Y plan won’t spend time condensing much so you won’t get the most out of the boiler.

It’s worth getting proper heat loss calculations done so you get a boiler that is not oversized and / or can modulate down low enough.

Not all boilers can do hot water priority out of the box or modulate down enough, the ones Muggles suggested, I believe are leaders in the pack in that respect

Have a look at Urban plumber, who explains how to nmaximise efficiency:

Sponsored Links
Viessmann B1GA 100-W if you're wanting to stay open-vented. If you're going to sealed system then either Vaillant ecotec plus or Intergas Xclusive

Very happy with my Viessmann 100. Relatively simple, with a good warranty and a stainless steel heat exchanger. Small and quiet, fits in a 400mm wide kitchen cabinet.

I think they now modulate down to about 3kW

When I had a Profile 100 (similar to the Netaheat), it had quite a load of scale and sludge. I cleaned it reasonably well with X400 and a Magnaclean. The construction was such that you couldn't really clean out the iron heat exchanger. Clean your system before you fit the new boiler.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back