New Boiler - Vaillant Pro 28 Or Bosch

Sponsored Links
Nope. We (the company I work for) have replaced several that have only lasted 7 years or less, just starting to replace some of the older 2006 Vaillants now.

Aren't these still current models/parts? How come you are not fixing them instead?

but it really used up the gas, you should certainly notice a difference in the bill if you stick to the same levels of use,

Thanks, I am really hoping so! I got that fed up with the service guys constantly telling me I'd save loads with a new boiler, that I'd now like to see that they are right.

Aren't these still current models/parts? How come you are not fixing them instead?

Mainly it’s the main heat exchangers leaking or blocking. Sometimes it’s cheaper for us to put a new one in, its social housing so we get the new boilers on a good price, which isn’t much more than a main heat exchanger plus the age.

Sponsored Links
Mainly it’s the main heat exchangers leaking or blocking. Sometimes it’s cheaper for us to put a new one in, its social housing so we get the new boilers on a good price, which isn’t much more than a main heat exchanger plus the age.

I see, thanks for the explanation. I was thinking they may not be repairable or something. As I have a British Gas service contract, they would hopefully fix a boiler with this kind of issue, as they are obliged to as long as parts are available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back