new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friend is thinking of changing boiler. I've seen a couple of special offers in local paper, both around £1300 incl VAT, for supply/fit Ideal 24kw, + flush, Drayton programmer & stat, scale reducer. 2 years warranty and servicing.

This seems a good deal, though I'm dubious about Ideal. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Thats even cheaper than I would charge. Dont know about the quality to be expected and unlike me I doubt they will answer their phone on Christmas day!

You dont state your location or say what is local.

If its your friend who needs one, why are you so interested?

Tony

24kw not enough water delivery hell i do a 30kw for £900
i would avoid ideal bad reliabilty history expensive parts

Sponsored Links
Friend is thinking of changing boiler. I've seen a couple of special offers in local paper, both around £1300 incl VAT, for supply/fit Ideal 24kw, + flush, Drayton programmer & stat, scale reducer. 2 years warranty and servicing.

This seems a good deal, though I'm dubious about Ideal. Any thoughts?

Not that difficult to match that if one wanted to (28 kw) , even throw in a 3 year warranty if one wanted to :)

I note the term " around £1300 " meaning ???

You dont state your location or say what is local.

If its your friend who needs one, why are you so interested?
Milton Keynes.

Question 2 irrelevant - let's stick to boilers. I know a great alternative site for discussing friendship!

24kw not enough water delivery hell i do a 30kw for £900
i would avoid ideal bad reliabilty history expensive parts
Is that the boiler, or include install and flush etc? It's a small one bed flat so capacity requirement limited.

Thanks for the heads up on Ideal.

Not that difficult to match that if one wanted to (28 kw) , even throw in a 3 year warranty if one wanted to

I note the term " around £1300 " meaning ???

What make? Is it realistic to find a quote for a better boiler at similar price?

Two companies, two ads, prices are +/- £50 that amount.

Always a questionable opener - "my friend is"... :confused:
Has this "friend" not got access to the internet?

Some guys on this site are desperate, I can do it for x no I can do z. Really as for boilers to the op don't fit a ideal I'm sure someone on here can do a vaillent or Worcester install for £50 if you supply the boiler. Merry crimbo

Always a questionable opener - "my friend is"... :confused:
Has this "friend" not got access to the internet?

As I said - irrelevant.

Even if, as you infer, I was enquiring fo myself (which I'm not), would it alter the validity of the question, or the answers?

Happy Christmas and thanks for all the rplies.

If its the Ideal Logic + you currently get a 5 year parts and labour warranty.

Means nothing with Ideal, I can get a warrenty on pretty much anything now days, but getting them to act on the warrenty is another matter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back