New boiler

Mcalpine do a condensate valve that does that job but looks a lot neater, it's in their little blue catalogue page 14, called a convalve funnily enough.

Sponsored Links
I had seen that but I was using some stock from the van - hence using the DU145 instead of the Caleffi one that comes with the boiler.

Also, not keen on non return valves on waste systems...

returnimage.asp

Welcome Tim! you will soon get addicted and as sad as us all on here every night :eek:

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
There is a PRV in the boiler, as mentioned above. Inside that tundish are two pipe tails. One for the condensate (a loop of 20mm tubing) and the other for the PRV.
So is it OK to discharge both condensate and PRV into a tundish discharging to waste? How would anyone know if the PRV was leaking or worse? What if the filling loop was letting by and the system pressure reached 3 bar and the PRV was discharging with no visible warning?

Tundish is lowered by the force of a little finger for observation. Filling loop has a pressure limiter set to 1 bar. There are two PRV's so chances of both sticking are slim.

The second PRV s in a boiler cupboard.

Must say I am feeling rather stoked that this is all the snagging you guys can find. No one has mentioned the bonding yet thouth :?: :LOL: ;)

Dan_Robinson said:
Tundish is lowered by the force of a little finger for observation.
Yes, but who's going to bother to do that? Maybe the service engineer, but that could leave the PRV leaking for a year without anyone knowing. Do the MIs prescribe that arrangement?

Dan_Robinson said:
What about the second one?
The second PRV won't necessarily leak in sympathy with the first. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm just surprised that the MIs approve such an arrangement.

I know you're not going to panic - but the tundish was installed to be moved down by hand so that the condensate can be serviced.

If the boiler didn't have a PRV what would you say then? I/they would be relying on the EV PRV.

I am left wondering what the original poster can tell us is wrong with his boiler.

Its almost certain that it could be repaired if a part on it has failed.

Tony

Checking PRV discharge is usually as a result of other problems in my experience and so, not having it externally visible to the customer shouldn't be a problem ... One less thing for them to worry about :LOL:

Very true Tony ... "broken" is a little vague, even for the experts on here :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back