New born baby- heating on all night?

oil sold by the litre, and no meter to show how much I use in a day,

That should be relatively easy for you to resolve. Just log how long the oil pump runs, there will be a direct relationshop between run time and consumption.

I also have a 'plug into a hose' digital water, it uses a water wheel principle, with a magnet fixed to a spoke. There must be similar things for measuring oil flow?

Sponsored Links
That should be relatively easy for you to resolve. Just log how long the oil pump runs, there will be a direct relationshop between run time and consumption.
The Nest thermostat shows how long I have been calling for heat for, but not how long the boiler has run for, and it uses so little per day, hard to work it out.

But for DHW during summer it runs 3 times a week for half hour at a time, and burner runs for around 20 minutes in that half hour, so boiler is 20 kW so that is around 20 kWh per week, that would be same as running immersion heater for 7 hours, but then I can't measure the energy used by immersion heater very easy ether, so very hard to compare.

Items using a plug easy, but a fused connection unit does not lend its self to plugging in an energy monitor, I am sure I could get an old clock and wire it to the solenoid valve, but I am reasonable sure oil is cheaper than electric, so why bother?

Sponsored Links
You just need to keep baby warm , not the room.Inuits manage in sub zero temp.Overheating is far more dangerous for babies.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back