New build extraction fans

The NHBC inspector, if he gets out of his car, leans against the house to see if it falls over.

Sponsored Links
The NHBC inspector, if he gets out of his car, leans against the house to see if it falls over.
Not quite as bad as that but they can miss things ; but the point is if it has an NHBC warranty and the builder doesn't deal with snagging during the defects liability period NHBC can put pressure on them or if necessary get another builder to put things right.

The Warranty is apparently with a company called ’evo’. I can’t see much about them on line. I tried Blackburn Building Control but they said it was singled-off by Assent Building Control and to contact them.

I used Assent Building Control for my build, private building control company, had no problems but they were not very observant, failed to notice I had not installed toilet extract at time of visit and were happy to accept my explanation [obstructed doorway] which prevented them checking.

Sponsored Links
I used Assent Building Control for my build, private building control company, had no problems but they were not very observant, failed to notice I had not installed toilet extract at time of visit and were happy to accept my explanation [obstructed doorway] which prevented them checking.

I spoke with Assent today. I asked how the property could be signed off when none of the rain water pipes went into the drains and one of the drains was capped off. He said the pipes / drains must have been modified to a non-compliant status after his visit. He also thought that there was another type of extraction fitted - where the fans constantly move the air around. I said ‘nope, just the ones where they come on with the light and go off a minute or two later’ . I asked for a copy of the certificate and he just said,’the builder has it’, and then twice more refused to send a copy by saying that he would speak with the builder and ‘get the problems sorted ‘. Well, I read a lot into that kind of response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back