New build insulation query: Kingspan or Celotex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm in the process of building a new house and although I know my way (roughly) around how it's going to be built etc etc, trying to sort out the insulation has left me with a sore head. I was asked to get Kingspan 60mm K12 framing boards but then I stumbled upon Celotex 60mm GA3000 boards which to me sound like they do the same thing but for slightly cheaper. As I really don't have a clue about these matters I was going to just go for what I was asked to get but thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone has any useful advice. Do all boards do the same thing but with different fancy names?

thanks,

Sponsored Links
Celotex and Kingspan basically perform the same. Most builders I've worked with seem to go with Kingspan because they find that one slightly cheaper, depends where you look though of course.

Check the thermal conductivity of the material. (the k value) If it's exactly the same then it has exactly the same thermal preformance for the same thickness.

Sponsored Links
@jeds

What is a k value ? I only know about U and R values.in resoect of heat-loss/insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back