New Build - Texecom Install

hmmm maybe I need putting to bed......

The comip situation and panel capabilities just clarifying.
The Premier 24 of old is a strange beast.

just getting old.

Sponsored Links
great help guys and sorry for the slow response of thanking you all!!

I'm starting to wire up this weekend, looking forward to the challenge. All the kit is texecom and I'm wiring all the texecom PIR's into the 8XP.

On the 8XP - I have 4 terminals for each zone - (2xA and 2xT). The PIR's are all texecom, some have already got EOL in them. So, with these, I assume I am resistor free - two wires into the appropriate PIR terminals and 2 wires into the 8XP (1 in A and 1 in T)??

Also - with adding resistors at the PIR (for those without EOL included) I assume there is still no need for resistors in the 8XP - just the two wires again (1 in A and 1 in T)?

Is that right?

Finally - how the hell do I determine which resistor is which!
I've got some red, orange and orange
I've got red and blue
i've got gold, red, red and red
and 2 of the brown, blue and red!
All texecom - so I assume 4k7 and 2k2?

Sponsored Links
If you have resistors in the pir wire in 8xp as first alarm and last tamper , eg outer two in the 4 terminals, if you don't want to fit resistors , just 4 wire them at both ends 2 for alarm wired in AA and two for tamper wired in TT , it's ok to mix on the 8xp

thanks, just found the resistor calculation page too so I'm sorted with that as well, thanks Sparky!

I don't suppose you know where I could get a decent flush mounted ceiling speaker do you? We've gone for the chrome flush mounted RKP to give the kit a high end finish - but the speakers are all a little cheap looking!

I assume I could use a normal speaker if its 16ohms?

Sorry no , surface mount and small take a look at Pyronix twin alert around 4-5" round or ventcroft teletone , looks like a bar of soap !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back