New central heating system condensor boiler no corgi cert

But i am not a landlord, I am not renting and am not intending to rent my property out.

Does this matter?

Is this the best option available to me ?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
You're not going to get somebody to sign off someone else's work, unless you find an idiot.
Friend of a friend, no cert, no logbook, not even sure of name equals cheap job, probably done by some unregistered guy You get what you pay for.

Hi,
whilst I don't want to seem ungrateful I want to know how I can find a solution.

Do I need to get someone in to totally refit my boiler etc...
or
Can I do something less excessive.

Any help by anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks

You don't have to be a landlord to obtain a Landlord's certificate. This would indicate if the installation is safe (although there is no way of telling if the boiler is adequately fixed to the wall without a destructive test!). Whether or not that certificate is acceptable as a substitute for the purpose of the vendor's Home Information pack, is something you would need to inquire with the HIP people.

Sponsored Links
If you were going down that route a gas safety certificate would be more appropriate than a landlords one. Whether that would be acceptable though is another matter.

Another point is anyone asked to do a safety certificate on someone else's dodgy install is likely to be looking extra hard for faults before he puts his name on it, I would. I'd still want paying as well after listing whatever I may have found.

I would want something that would be accepteded without and questions being asked why e.g. Why have you got a landlords cert not a proper cert...

So if i did want a gas safe certificate -
I'd need:
1. To totally refit the boiler
2. To pay £££'s for it
3. ??
Thanks.

$

A CP12 should suffice for HIPs.

About the installation, you never know, it could be a guy who has let his registration lapse and has done a decent job. We seem to be slagging it with no knowledge of the install as such.

As an example it could of been DIA or a similar guy who did it.

I'm not defending this - just saying it may well be fine and dandy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back