New CH system - knocking rads

gas4you said:
gas4you said:
If you have 'straight trv's' fitted to tall rads for looks then not many makes are available that are bi-directional

Not certain that if they are straight valves that TRV 4's are bi directional. Sounds iffy if ony one arrow on valve body and its pointing against the flow :rolleyes:

you`re right gas4you straight trv4`s are not reversible flow!

get your plumber to swap the trv`s with the lockshields, job done!

Sponsored Links
There are two arrows on the valve body - one points down to the floor, the other toward the rad.

Plumber came with my builder who has now decided not to use him anymore...

It sounds like they are not straight trv's then :rolleyes: It would help if you had answered previous question earlier :rolleyes:

Sorry! Just looked up difference between straight and angled valve. Mine are definitely angled valves - sorry if I misled...

Sponsored Links
analouise said:
Sorry! Just looked up difference between straight and angled valve. Mine are definitely angled valves - sorry if I misled...

;)

Do your vertical rads have plastic clips between the rad and the brackets if they are on hanging brackets? If not noise could be from this point of contact. Most new rads are seated on these clips to eliminate this noise!

If not sounds like pipe expanding and shrinking under floorboards, especially if he used copper and didnt cross joists using insulation :rolleyes:

Plastic brackets are there and don't think that's where the noise comes from. Coming round to the idea that's it's under the floor although sometimes it's near bottom of rad and sometimes in middle of room.

I'll listen hard tonight and work out where it comes from... Thanks again for all your suggestions! :)

Noise dont always come from the place you here them most. Sounds can travel along pipe work very easily. Good Luck :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back