House bought off British Gas Engineer has noisy new boiler !

TicklyT said:
giblets said:
Don't think it's LPG, Ollski as the OP has been contacted by BG regarding the gas supply.

My wife used to get regular letters from BG threatening to cut off the gas supply to her flat because she hadn't paid the gas bill..... Trouble was, the village where she lived never had, and still hasn't got any gas :rolleyes:

i know of a customer who gets free gas cos no provider has taken responsibility for her supply. transco say her meter doesnt exist.

Sponsored Links
nickso said:
TicklyT said:
giblets said:
Don't think it's LPG, Ollski as the OP has been contacted by BG regarding the gas supply.

My wife used to get regular letters from BG threatening to cut off the gas supply to her flat because she hadn't paid the gas bill..... Trouble was, the village where she lived never had, and still hasn't got any gas :rolleyes:

i know of a customer who gets free gas cos no provider has taken responsibility for her supply. transco say her meter doesnt exist.

and me, been 12 years so far and she tells them twice a year. Just advised her to keep paying the gas money into a savings account for when they finally realize.

I went to do a CP12 but was unable to do so because the EC at the meter did not turn off the gas supply !!!

Tony

PS the EC was in fine working order!

ollski said:
nickso said:
TicklyT said:
giblets said:

and me, been 12 years so far and she tells them twice a year. Just advised her to keep paying the gas money into a savings account for when they finally realize.

citizens advice told my customer that they couldnt legally bill her for anything other than a period of use which they have notified her for. in other words if she hasnt been recieving bills then she cant be billed for anything past the last quarter. jackpot! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
The clicking is most often where a copper pipe passes over a floor joist.

It should have a few spare mm so that it can expand and is not being pinched by the floorboard.

To allow quiet expansion movement the pipe should be wrapped in felt at that point but only a very few conscientious installers bother to do that.

Tony

I used to use hessian pipe tube/wrap stuff at every pipe/joist interface.Never ever had a complaint of creaking pipes,even on a Victorian 8 bed complete re plumb,with new CD boiler,and UV cyl.

nickso said:
citizens advice told my customer that they couldnt legally bill her for anything other than a period of use which they have notified her for. in other words if she hasnt been recieving bills then she cant be billed for anything past the last quarter. jackpot! :LOL:
Yeah, jackpot - we're all paying her bill. And what happens when there's an escape and National Grid declines to come out because there's no supply? :confused:

Softus said:
nickso said:
Yeah, jackpot - we're all paying her bill. And what happens when there's an escape and National Grid declines to come out because there's no supply? :confused:

that ,my good man, was my only concern. i told her transco might refuse to attend her property but if she has done everything humanly possible to convince them she indeed does have a meter what more can she do?

nickso said:
that ,my good man, was my only concern.
I apologise; I shouldn't have made light of your concern.

i told her transco might refuse to attend her property but if she has done everything humanly possible to convince them she indeed does have a meter what more can she do?
Hm. There's a time and place for everything. Now would appear to me to be the time for her to shout "gas!". Nothing wrong with being prepared...

Softus said:
nickso said:

i told her transco might refuse to attend her property but if she has done everything humanly possible to convince them she indeed does have a meter what more can she do?
Hm. There's a time and place for everything. Now would appear to me to be the time for her to shout "gas!". Nothing wrong with being prepared...

i did suggest she might have "response trial". i even offered to phone them and wait to see if they turned up. she declined.

also, i wasnt that concerned.....shes a big girl who can look after herself :LOL:

And why would transco not come out , when a leak is phoned in they don`t check anything at all they instantly come out for uncontroled within the hour or two hours for controlled.
We had a lot of villages gassed up around our way 20 years ago and there was a number of people in this situation . Meter in supply in and in those days we where one big company but because the computer would not recognise the fact no matter how manytimes the owner phoned up. The people have got free gas for years .

We even had those customers on 3 star contacts and attended to gas escapes

"Agile"]
To allow quiet expansion movement the pipe should be wrapped in felt at that point but only a very few conscientious installers bother to do that.

Most professional installers do this. I actually lay felt over every joist that it lays on. But most breakdown engineers don`t know that because if the problem isn`t a fan, gas valve or p.c.b they can`t be bothered to investigate further. :rolleyes:

This guy has never even hung a picture in his life :rolleyes:

Softus said:
nickso said:

We are delving into the realms of Gas & all it`s issues are we Cowboy? Be prepared................Be very prepared before doling out your foolish & dangerous ramblings. ;)

Softus said:
Bambergaspipe said:
We are delving into the realms of Gas...
Please explain what you mean by this.

Don`t begin or offer any opinons relating to Gas issues. Persons browsing may think you know what you are babbling about ;)

Bambergaspipe said:
Don`t begin or offer any opinons relating to Gas issues.
This isn't a gas issue, and in any case I shall post anything I choose to as long as it's not incorrect.

Equally, please feel free to give your considered advice to the OP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back