New combi Boiler installation

I have not been to a Flowmatic that cannot be repaired. And who are the tenants to demand replacement.

OP, you are paying for your folly. What you have is a breakdown contract- your boiler, am certain, has not been service for many a moon. Neighbour across the road has a Turbo which predates the Flowmatic. He is told by one and all that arrives in the blue van that it should be replaced. He tells them to get the finger out out do the work they are being paid to do.

Get an independent to overhaul the boiler and tenant to shut up.

Sponsored Links
Odds on if you get Warm front to install your boiler your current tenants may not last too long but then that does not sound like a bad thing from your comments on what they expect.

Pete

You could be right DP.

Had lived in the same house with no major problems....boiler would come on and off but would never die completely...always had homeserve to service it.
The problem is in the last 2 yrs they didn't service it but just did cp12 although i paid 25/mth and then they turned around and said its uneconomic to repair/replace parts even when it was working.

I'm just concerned if it breaks down during winter i will get grief and Bgas has already said it needs replacing, although they will cover it.

If it costs 1200 to replace and 5 yrs cover then the extra warranty will pay for the std 250/yr for 5 yrs. I will need to cover CE though..radiators etc.

I could risk it and just leave it in or ask them if they want a new boiler they can go via warm front...may lose them and have a big void period....

Its a balance...spend a little and keep tenants...spend nothing and pay 8 weeks void or more plus redecoration etc.

The five year warranty still requires you to have an annual service, and you'll still need it to be certified, so I don't think you'll be saving a whole lot that way. They also have a nasty habit of excluding certain things that are likely to go wrong like heat exchangers. I think you'll be lucky to get a decent boiler installed for 1,200 quid, even luckier to get it with a 5 year warranty. It rarely makes strictly financial sense to replace a working boiler.

It could go off on a rant about these boiler cover schemes where they will only cover boilers that they don't think are going to break down. Best to stop now before I burst something :evil:

Sponsored Links
T It rarely makes strictly financial sense to replace a working boiler.

agree!

It could go off on a rant about these boiler cover schemes where they will only cover boilers that they don't think are going to break down. Best to stop now before I burst something :evil:

partly agree, dont think anyone should have breakdown only cover.

i also would say bg said it is advisablee to replace the boiler, u can still get parts, still works so end off as far as i am concerned.

as for homeserve what a shower that lot are.

My experience is Homeserve CHECKS the boiler for safety and will come out on Christmas day if your boiler nreaks down. Your boiler is NOT serviced.

Get is serviced as per the manual and all will be OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back