New Combi System Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Six months ago our flat was refurbished. The existing conventional ch sytem of cold water tank and hot water tank was replaced with a combi boiler, all new radiators with some trv fitted. However the existing pipework remains some of which goes into the concrete floor.

The noise problems are;

1. Gushing noise from radiators, one in particurlar is the worse - I think this is the first in the system.
2. A general hum/noise coming from the pipes supplying the radiators when the ch is on.
3. Radiators random produce a loud bang as if they have been hit with something. This usually occurs when the ch has been switched on. But there have been occassions the noise has occured with the system off and the radiator which has just banged is stone cold.
4. When you switch on ch there is a ticking noise from some of the pipes for upto 5 minutes. We had none of these noises with our old system.

Information you requested;
1) boiler is - WorcesterBosch Greenstar HE R30 -Gas. Stelrad radiators.
2) Symptoms described above.
3) No other changes.
4) When new boiler & radiators installed.
5) Heating coming on, during heating on, radiator bangs with heating on or off.
6) Engineers have been to release any trapped air and have also bled the radiators. The boiler has been checked and given the all clear.

I have done some research and could my boiler pump setting be too high? If so can anyone tell me how to reduce its setting in this new boiler?

Any help much appreciated.

Mark.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back