New condensing boiler - suggestions please?

att

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to get the current Ideal response 120 replaced.
The heating engineer has now given the following specific choices

1.glow worm flexicom 30cx
2.glow worm betacom30.
3.Valliant Eco tec plus combination condensing boiler 831

I've read the “which ?” guides, searched this forum etc...and would like to get your professional opinion about the above 3 models
Any advice/ thoughts or comments would be much appreciated. :)
Thanks in advance
Ps: this is for a 1 bed top floor flat

Sponsored Links
Cheers Bahco :),
I guess it's safe to go for Valliant Eco tec plus combination condensing boiler 831 as opposed to Glow worm.

Your installer should be able to fit any boiler which you care to choose.

Many people would suggest a Viessmann which has a three year warranty which is extended to five years when fitted by a Viessmann trained engineeer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
fit 20 to 25 a week baxi duo tec or baxi platinum great boilers easy to install n easy to fix. keep it simple n they most reliable

My biggest seller at the moment is the Alpha CD35C when fitted with a premium pack (jig) they give you a 5 year " No Quibble" guarantee... Pretty good if you don't get the boiler serviced regularly... :)

My biggest seller at the moment is the Alpha CD35C when fitted with a premium pack (jig) they give you a 5 year " No Quibble" guarantee... Pretty good if you don't get the boiler serviced regularly... :)

are you sure about that. i was under the impression that if were not serviced within 12 month intervals the guarantee would become void.

ps. I'm impressed with these boilers too.

are you sure about that. i was under the impression that if were not serviced within 12 month intervals the guarantee would become void.

Sure am.. They offer no quibble 5year ...

They are also now offering an extra 5years parts only as well, but i dont really know much on that as its targeted to the installers...

2.glow worm betacom30.

I've read the “which ?” guides, searched this forum etc...and would like to get your professional opinion about the above 3 models
Thanks in advance

To actually reply to your question. The 3 boilers are vastly different in price and their quality will be reflected thus.
ecotec is the best and most expensive on your list and very popular with installers and customers alike, the flexicoms are pretty good now, had some early problems i think which have now been sorted. The betacom is a good boiler for the price but you get what you pay for. you can pick these up for about £450. about £600 cheaper than the vaillant!

Sure am.. They offer no quibble 5year ...

They are also now offering an extra 5years parts only as well, but i dont really know much on that as its targeted to the installers...

"no quibble", so you buy, fit, no service after 4 years and 9 moths, a problem and they rectify free? Too good to be true.

Well a well designed boiler should wash its heat x down anyway. Alphas have a filter on the return anyhow.

2.glow worm betacom30.

Thanks in advance

To actually reply to your question. The 3 boilers are vastly different in price and their quality will be reflected thus.
ecotec is the best and most expensive on your list and very popular with installers and customers alike, the flexicoms are pretty good now, had some early problems i think which have now been sorted. The betacom is a good boiler for the price but you get what you pay for. you can pick these up for about £450. about £600 cheaper than the vaillant!

The Ultracom is the best Glow Worm. The rest? Not that impressed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back