New condensing combi boiler needed - any advice please?

I know Dan,
I'm not a loony fortunately. :D A bit blonde at times, but even in the face of adversity and knowing that my previous guy has probably ended up costing me a lot of money, I'm still sitting here smiling and hoping I can get this sorted out. :) Have been through far too much crap in my life to let a boiler get me down.
Anyone around here fancy opening a can of dubious worms? lol :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I'm sure you will be able to find someone willing to look at it boiledup, just have a phone around and give them a run down on your situation

IMO the original fault was probably related to the low pressure/water content situation that occurred after your hubby bled the system

This may have caused the primary /ch flow switch to stick as per gasguru's assumption
It may have caused the pump to run dry and seize ( this can also lead to the internal fuse blowing)

There is an auto air valve fitted on the primary circuit internal to the boiler that may be blocked this needs to be checked as the boiler needs to be bled of air too as well as the pump
These are three things that should have been checked and should be checked again if you are going to go down the repair route

Next your boilers internal fuse blowing,if there was a short present and the fuse was replaced with a higher value then what it should have been, then there is a good chance that the pcb now has damaged tracks so be prepared to fork out for a replacement pcb as well as anything else that may be needed
But the pump, fan,flow-switches and overheat stat can all be tested in situ anyway with out the need to fork out Needlessly, as said your boiler is pretty simple in design

Matt

Thanks so much Matt,
Thanks for the ideas of what it could be. I can at least have an idea what any new engineer should be looking for if I can get someone out.
Don't fancy Crimbo without water or heat!
Santa's definitely not gonna want to visit if it's colder in here than outside lol. :D

Everybody that's taken the time and effort to reply to this thread - thank you - it means a LOT - really does. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back