New Condensing Combi?

Vaillant though appear to have/have had a problem with the Wilo pumps, as several have leaked internally (not seals) and tripped the boiler out.

Whats the official line on these pumps DM?

there is no offical news on the pumps as yet (as far as I know) but it is a relatively small number that have leaked, they are looking into it though.

Thanks DM. I must be unlucky then, as I have had 3 leak under warranty recently :cry:

I hope the pump on my own Vaillant doesn't fail. :eek:

Sponsored Links
I have no need to fit them as I am an engineer. You clearly don't understand that. An engineer is not a serviceman, despite them being called "engineers". Mr-Fixits are not engineers

I don't change pumps, rip up floor boards or screw radiators to walls. Others do that.

If only.

It would be more truthful if you would only admit that you used to design boiler burners some time ago and you are now retired. As such you have no hands on experience of boiler installation or repairs and you are only now able to read the publicity information from the manufacturers. You dont even go to the exhibitions!

I have done warranty repairs on a market of 15,000 boilers with Wilo pumps and I have only changed three! One tight, one o/c and one leaking at the screw seal although that was probably cross threaded by the installer. Over the same time period I have probably changed about 20 Grunfoss pumps with burnt out windings. I even teach my trainees what they smell like.

Tony

The Wilo pumps do have plastic bearings which can wear more rapidly than the ceramic bearings on the Grunfoss pumps. With finely devided iron oxides the Wilo bearings can wear to a failure point within a few weeks.

Of course thats not relevant for the professional installers who always clean the system.

Tony

I'm still fitting and recommending Vaillants as the first choice in the mass produced market. ATAG for top quality.

I thought you had totally boycotted Vaillants after one of their engineers rather abused you on this forum ( and then disapeared! ) ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have no need to fit them as I am an engineer. You clearly don't understand that. An engineer is not a serviceman, despite them being called "engineers". Mr-Fixits are not engineers

I don't change pumps, rip up floor boards or screw radiators to walls. Others do that.

If only.

It would be more truthful if you would only admit that you used to design boiler burners some time ago and you are now retired.
Tony

I only. You are a Mr Fix-it. Change bits someone else put in.

I'm still fitting and recommending Vaillants as the first choice in the mass produced market. ATAG for top quality.

I thought you had totally boycotted Vaillants after one of their engineers rather abused you on this forum ( and then disapeared! ) ?

Tony

There were too many customers insisting that they wanted a |Vaillant fitted and nothing else.

I received apologies from the top of Group Service so on this occasion I decided to carry on with them. The term 'cutting your nose off to spite your face springs to mind' :rolleyes:

Anyway, although ATAG are a far superior boiler, they are not, due to the physical size, a boiler that is suitable for all installations, especially where they can be seen, in kitchens for example.

Big Burner wrote:
Get to know its control system, which p****s all over a Vaillant, and use it to its advantages. And it is cheaper.

If you look in the Avanta brochure our pictured install is a weather compensation enabled 18v, and it dates back to last January. I take it this is what you refer to by 'getting to know a control system'.

There are two sides to getting to know a control system.

-One is writing the software code that enables weather compensation and integrates the use of OPENTHERM coding. This is engineering in the true sense, and is carried out at Broag - without your input or guidance as far as I am aware. :LOL:

-The other is reading the manual helpfully provided or downloadable from the net, to find out in simple terms how to wire it up and configure it. :)

You have tactfully advised us that your skill level is too high to participate in the mechanical work, therefore one must assume you have merely had the benefit of having downloaded the manual.

This does not make you better informed than me, or any other skilled person on this forum. I think it is patronising for you to tell me how to do a job when I have already done it, and you have not. Unlike you, I have the pictures to prove it.

The Broag software and control system is more flexible in configuration than a Vaillant. But the Vaillant offers more integration options with their own equipment and from a customer perspective they guarantee the entire installation end to end.

The Remeha open vent circuit board is just perched inside the casing with no covers etc whatsoever, the Vaillant is sealed in a water resistant enclosure. The choice between the brands is not as black and white as you make out.

Your familiarity with this equipment seems limited to reading manuals and anyone considering taking your advice should be wary of the implied knowledge and experience in your posts.

Big Burner wrote:
Get to know its control system, which p1sses all over a Vaillant, and use it to its advantages. And it is cheaper.

If you look in the Avanta brochure our pictured install is a weather compensation enabled 18v, and it dates back to last January. I take it this is what you refer to by 'getting to know a control system'.

No.

There are two sides to getting to know a control system.

There is?

-One is writing the software code that enables weather compensation and integrates the use of OPENTHERM coding. This is engineering in the true sense, and is carried out at Broag - without your input or guidance as far as I am aware. :LOL:

That is not getting to know the control system, that devloping control software, which was a part of my once.

-The other is reading the manual helpfully provided or downloadable from the net, to find out in simple terms how to wire it up and configure it. :)

That is why you know little of the control system then.

<snip disjointed babble>

The Broag software and control system is more flexible in configuration than a Vaillant.

Ah! At last some progress.

Your familiarity with this equipment seems limited to reading manuals and anyone considering taking your advice should be wary of the implied knowledge and experience in your posts.

I have looked at the equipment. I didn't drill the flue hole, I don't do that.

Your knowledge of the possibilities of the Broag control system is limited to say the least. The Keston is similar in control functionality. But Keston reliability is in question, Broag is not.

Just remind me where my knowledge of the Broag control system is limited.

I read through your post again and it isn't specific, other than telling us you don't drill flue holes.

Neither do I, but once again, where have I revealed my knowledge of the control system is limited?

And can you confirm whether you have been on a Remeha course? They prefer training installers to bed bound impotent know it alls.

And can you confirm whether you have been on a Remeha course? They prefer training installers to bed bound impotent know it alls.

I only need the tech specs and I understand. Courses are for the likes of you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back