New CU

I absoloutely agree that a few checks when you go to quote is the only way to quote properly.

What I don't get is people who have the time to do a full PIR just to quote.

Either they are not doing the PIR properly, or they can affford to work for nothing on a regular basis.

Sponsored Links
What I don't get is people who have the time to do a full PIR just to quote.
I have been thinking the same.
Whilst not wishing to contradict those who are saying "Don't employ anyone who doesn't test first - it could lead to endless cost for remedial work discovered while replacing the CU" I was wondering about the other cost of taking two days to replace a CU.
Plus, presumably two separate days visiting the premises and dismantling and reconnecting circuits which in the end may prove to be unnecessary.

Would it not be better all round to test the installation whilst dismantling the CU and if all proves well then fit the new CU there and then. The only drawback is that you would need to have already purchased the new CU which may not be able to be fitted should significant faults be found.
However, having a CU 'in stock' is no great loss is it? It will soon enough be needed in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back