New CU

BAN....

5) BUY LAMPS WITH BALLOTINI FUSES IN THEM, PREFERABLY OSRAM WHICH ARE DOUBLE FUSED, BUT MADE IN FRANCE. (BOO!)

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
FWL_Engineer said:
In your home, all your breakers should be Type B, they should never be C or D.
What's your recommended cure for nuisance trips of Type B breakers on lighting circuits when lamps blow?

1) Use a bigger rating
2) Use a Type C
3) Go back to using fuses
4) None of the above - just put up with it

Stop buying cheap lamps you cheapscate :D

Seriously, going to a Type C or upping the rating is not the solution.

If I were sober i would put a post here on this subject, but brain is not functioning on all cylinders...so why can I spell??

Anyway, good night all, wish you well, irexpective of differences!!

FWL_Engineer said:
Stop buying cheap lamps you cheapscate :D
I don't - I buy GE ones, OK they aren't Osram, but they do have Ballotini fuses, and whenever they blow they take the breaker with them. To be fair, they are Type 2s, but from what I read tripping of Type Bs is just as bad a problem.

Seriously, going to a Type C or upping the rating is not the solution.
OK... :?: :?:

If I were sober i would put a post here on this subject, but brain is not functioning on all cylinders...so why can I spell??
You can't ;)

Anyway, good night all, wish you well, irexpective of differences!!

Sponsored Links
Ban

Surprised the ballotini fuses aren't getting there first.......Odd!!

I like mem kit and you can convert any of their mcbs into rcbos by fitting the pod kit and it still only takes up 1 way in the cu giving you great flexibility at not a massive cost ( ps I don't work for mem but they were very helpful when I was doing my 2400 project)

securespark said:
Ban

Surprised the ballotini fuses aren't getting there first.......Odd!!
Well - they aren't.

So in the real world, I would love to know what the answer is, if it isn't bigger MCBs, Type Cs or fuses, 'cos just putting up with it is not at all attractive...

MEM, but it's an old one (1987 vintage), and will be replaced this year. Currently populated with Type 1 MCBs, which are even more twitchy than Type Bs.

My interest stems from the fact that I will be replacing it, so I could install Type Cs from the outset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back