New Dimension Gas Fire Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Note: This isn't about a DIY install, just the work needed

We've currently got a Kinder Oasis Gas Fire with a Chimney Flue. Dimension wise, the first is 250mm deep and 485mm wide.

What we were planning to do is your media wall, but remove the existing fireplace and hearth and replace with one of the hole in the wall types Example A and B. Fireplace would be slightly recessed, and we'd build out the existing wall slightly to accommodate a flush fit TV & soundbar, hidden wires, lights etc.

Does anyone know if the types of fires I've linked above usually just fit into the existing chimney space, or if a more heavy modification of the brickwork usually required? Alternatively, could the wall be framed out further, and the fireplace be brought forward with some sort of flexible flue liner used (seems like a no, but worth asking)

The house itself was build in '95. Picture of current layout

CS2Zg5xAIVW2y-WWrKTWNNSKZJY2yHSQzk7ng2vcnLbLDUhEo0WlzCavi_vpEpxsBUk-E-iAnvhmsgrHxpqaMGGIRR28ibr15hRkRqkxbdt244ZiE3UCMGXvAMpfvZw2n_6MiaXkEi_UDRa_E7ZdAKxZ0xAIJVRqaMRQ2rvlRO1zmimEEgBozwb71-gemdJayJTxMudO7oTiH74eiFmqtEKxvqzPwVl0cuFbJyfMyJa6yFYL1EWX6B-55XmKAMu4KKj0SJbcpDBsA5Xculpt-w8uXoq80R0ySgLaZCkgLXqsHdVjsCV4CGntjL00Sys4e0t5I6s-7q29nWgqck7vTVqnCVJzrt5SDSfKS-0_dtTOu20RnYEXWoOiUILP8ie1wbyTEFo5E8Z1IaPDzYvuipednaeovcuT0Y4uwC8gbFMuIgbdNNFQMuTErfrdRVV9K9siRlZ86yyW1hABBYguwE8xhae3GYVH7Vx0kIrYwvOfx3dJ2hRE2poRlTFvfNIr1nUeWK3ZcNK_4O2FS_HC9qQObKS39Bf9L0EIUSD9d-Deg21Ycs6xliyhDYObdfk3u5iZJW8ARTUJGiGfpxX9Iz3HeOiAJtexm_Er4fLVm-BSWbEe2oVRrDbDSBighHgweWRrRQLaL1MYpZA91I4hv2DkfeJK90wYKxFgJGxpd4Bnot_9K2DaI74m0rJ8JyYSpD29KMAXSuYdtZyk3MY44majjA=w1289-h970-no

Sponsored Links
Check if your flue is a class 1 or a pre cast flue most property’s the age of yours are pre cast,a lot of the set up like your go with electric fire as it’s more suitable with TV etc

Check if your flue is a class 1 or a pre cast flue most property’s the age of yours are pre cast,a lot of the set up like your go with electric fire as it’s more suitable with TV etc

Yeah its a precast flue.
We'd like to try and stick with gas if possible as the running costs for them are quite a bit higher!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back