New DIY alarm

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got some advice over a year ago on installing an alarm but never got round to actually doing it (lots of other things went wrong around the house that needed sorting first).

I now have the money to sort this out and events locally have spurred me in to action. I have come up with the following layout:

Does this make sense? I'm not sure what to do about the bathroom because of the high humidity, what is best here?

The alarm I am about to order an Texecom Premier Elite alarm system kit from Alert Electrical with additional PIRs, extra door contact, com wifi module and a zone expander. Anything I have missed or should be added to this?

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Looks about right ... Unless you want to get a com usb lead to program up panel , you can do it via com wifi but may be better to get the lead

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
The alarm I am about to order an Texecom Premier Elite alarm system kit from Alert Electrical with additional PIRs, extra door contact, com wifi module and a zone expander. Anything I have missed or should be added to this?

Thanks for any help

Choose the COM IP over the wifi. I've had no end of problems with it. For the sake of another £50, the wired is ten times more reliable.

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back