New Double Glazed units to match

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm soon to have a builder start an extension to my house, which will involve some new windows. I have agreed with the builder that I will supply and he will fit. So now is the time to order the units. (I hope I'm not too late as I'm unsure of the lead times)

I have the paperwork from the DG installation that took place here in 2007. The design is classed as "Sculptured" with square leaded.

I've searched online and have found some described as sculptured, but also some called "Ovolo". Are they the same thing? They look similar to each other.

Searching online for these seems to be a complete minefield. No prices up front- everyone wants you to submit a form and contact you with a price!

Any advice?

Sponsored Links
you would be better finding out the name of the profile used in your existing windows i.e. rehau, veka, profile 22, spectus etc (it should be printed somewhere inside a frame) then you can find a local supplier of that profile. This way you will get a match.

Thanks for the tip. I've looked all around the frames and can't see any kind of manufacturer name. All I see is NiCo on one of the hinges.

I'll take a look at some supply only outlets and try to find an approximate match.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back