new driveway in garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello guys
as i have currently a shared driveway with nxt door neighbour which you can only park back to back & not side by side! which doesnt work at all for me tbh obvious reasons..
so i plan to start my new driveway project this summer doing what work i can myself ie digging out installing a drainchannel (sloping garden) hardcore/sand + dpm.. i will be doing all my research of my project from forums you tube videos internet etc thus saving myself alot of money @ learning how to install a driveway..
i know where the mains water pipe runs into the house through the garden as just had a water meter fitted which is in the same area as my proposed new drive,
do i need any planning application to commence with works
also any advice @ tips at this early stage would be greatly appreciated..
i also will be installing metal posts/gates top of driveway and most probably getting a driveway concreting expert to lay the concrete labouring on him if needed...cheers again :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back