new driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we are having our sad old asphalt driveway replaced. we have heard that pressed concrete is very slippery in the wet and that block paving tends to get moss growing on it. any advice will be appreciated. the driveway is north facing and on an incline.

Sponsored Links
Move house, and get a flat south facing driveway !!

See here for loads of advice regarding driveways. Sorry for the flippancy :D

Depending on how steep the slope is,how about concrete coarsely-tamped ?
My father had his drive replaced a couple of years ago,and had it tamped so as to deliberately leave a rippled surface,rather than have it too smooth (my mother falls over easily - normally without drink :eek: )

Sponsored Links
Move house, and get a flat south facing driveway !!

OK I went to the estate agents to look at houses with south facing driveways only to find they all have north-facing back gardens! I asked them if I could have a house with both the drive and the garden at the back and facing south and they said ok but the drive will not necessarily connect with the road!

Depending on how steep the slope is,how about concrete coarsely-tamped ?

We would like to have something a bit more decorative.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back