New En-suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am hoping to fit built a en-suite and have a couple of question that I would like answering if possible.

The room the en-suite would go in is adjacent to the existing bathroom, the house has the old two pipe waste system and hot water runs of a combi-boiler.

Due to the location of the en-suite I would need to use a saniflo to remove the waste (i know, not ideal!) I am pretty sue I can get the required fall on the pipe and tap into the existing stench pipe, so that should be fine.

However, hot water! I am planning to lift the floorboards in the bedroom and run new pipe work into the bathroom, and connecting into the hot and cold pipes there. Can you see any problems with the combi-boiler? Do additional appliances mean that I would need a larger Kw boiler? Sorry to be a bit vague but boilers are not my thing at all!

Thank you in advance for your advice

Sponsored Links
You are just extending existing pipework presumably?

Are you going to notify the change of use? :rolleyes:

Yes, just spuring of the existing hot and cold 15mm pipework in bathroom and runnning under floorboards to the point the ensuite would be (opposite corner of room)

Did not realise I have to notify change of use, the bedroom is still a bedroom but with ensuite in corner. Do building control need to be notified then?

Sorry to appear stupid!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice on the pipework.

Would want to go by the book on this one, who do I need to notify, Buiding Control? When do I need to notify, before the work is carried out I assume?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back