New Flags for Patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

just like to say first that this is one of the best forums i have ever found, and i think i will be using this quite a lot on the future.

I would just like to ask for some info on laying a patio, I have done smaller size patios before for people but i think its time i had a go at doing my own. The patio i have now is pretty big, and its a bit old looking, due to the fact that its made from really old flags( the very big ones).

I would like to lay smaller flags but am dreading the thought of removing the existing ones which will prob take me about a month :confused:

Basically my question is, would it be possible to lay the new flags over the existing ones? not sure if this can be done but it would save me a lot of time and effort and money if it is possible.

any info is much appreciated

steve

Sponsored Links
steve2005 said:
I would like to lay smaller flags but am dreading the thought of removing the existing ones which will prob take me about a month :confused:

Basically my question is, would it be possible to lay the new flags over the existing ones? not sure if this can be done but it would save me a lot of time and effort and money if it is possible.
As long there's no loose area, if so break it up and make goods and I can't see any real reason for not doing it this way other than the base will be a lot higher. I have done one by smashing it with a sledgehammer acting as a hardcore base.

Good info here pavingexpert

if the flags are at a suitable height and are already sound and on a solid base then as masona says yes it can be done. If youre going to wet lay them then give them a coat with a neat cement slurry first just to help the bonding

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for the advice, think I will do it that way..

steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back