new for old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the 'SUPERSWITCH' heating controller on my boiler finally packed in (date stamped 1982!) so I have replaced it with a DANFOSS FP715.
Connected to the old controller were the wires for +ve and -ve, CH on and HW on, with the remainder of wires connected behind in strip connectors. I transfered these to the new backplate 1 -neutral, 2 -live, 4 -HW on, 5 -CH on. Now here's the minor problem which to be honest I could probably live with but am sure someone on here will have the answer for....so here goes

The old controller only had the options of HW on or CH+HW on - no provision for just heating on, however this one does, but if just CH on is selected the pump runs but the boiler does not fire, it requires the HW to be on for the boiler to fire. No great dramas really and it is obviously just down to the system configuration (which i assume is also from 1982 - glo-worm space saver 38 ) - any ideas, thoughts, and winning lottery numbers greatly appreciated....
:D

Sponsored Links
Is hot water gravity if so you need to link clock so that when htg is selected it brings on water also. If it's fully pumped you will need a wire from terminal 1 (dhw off) to connect to gery wire on mid pos valve

The elctronic timer has the equivalent setting Gravity or pumped H/W. Set this to gravity and the H/W will come on with the CH.

or you could do some more invetigation to see if your system can have CH on it's own but then you would need to make some wiring changes.

ahh, yes thought it might have something to do with the gravity setting, as I switched this to 'pumped' not being sure which setting I needed, will switch that and see what happens - not too fussed on the possible changes to enable CH on its' own, anything for an easy life....;)
cheers for replies!
:D

Sponsored Links
nice one dal5band - works a treat now - easy when you know how eh?! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back