New Freestanding 10.5kg LG Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, I've just replaced a 6kg Beko washing machine with an LG 10.5kg washing machine and the new machine is much deeper.

Can anyone please tell me what I can do to gain a bit more space and get the machine further back under the worktop/inside the space? It's sticking out about 6.5cm too much right now.

1p0Bjz5.jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
system off elimination really
back off machine to front is the absolute minimum iff everything behind removed measure that and decide how much actual space you need and work out whats in the way then work out the effort and costs involved in each stage thats required to get there
keep in mind back off machine recesses or adjacent cupboards to accommodate plumbing and electrics to free up room

If there's a cupboard on the left then in theory it could all be moved into there albeit with some carving up of the back of that cupboard, it could be boxed in neatly afterwards though. Are all 10kg machines bigger? If not can you reject this machine?

Thanks for your replies.

To the left is an integrated dishwasher and I had to reroute copper pipes for that as had the same problem. Dishwasher waste connects to the drains from the sink to the left of the dishwasher.

As you can see, the large white pipes are the problem here and I'm not sure how I can get around this. Could I cut the pipe down so that it only just comes through the hole in the left and is there an end that can convert from waste pipe to the washing machine waste, similar to the way the dishwasher connects to the sink drain?

Sponsored Links
Could you move the white stand pipe to the right and feed the grey waste into it, then route the remaining waste through the wall, then run it externally to the soil pipe. Lift the sockets to above the counter, will give more space and easier to switch off in emergency.

Blup

Can you extend the drain hose so it goes all the way under the dishwasher to the same drain that uses? It can be run in the same type pipe the washing machine uses. Screwfix sells the bits to do it..

Or cut the side of the LH cabinet out and have the trap there? Depends how much space is left behind the dishwasher...

I probably should have included a photo of the area to show the sink, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.

There isn't any space left behind the dishwasher, the washing machine waste runs behind the dishwasher because the washing machine and tumble dryer are located behind a conservatory, it's not possible to route straight out of the wall.

This is how the plumbing looked behind the dishwasher before. The original dishwasher was far shallower.
LlCPQwE.jpg

This was what used to be behind the old washing machine.

mNABShm.jpg

Behind dishwasher afterwards:
96tSko3.jpg

The dishwasher went in JUST after this:
Vm3oAxy.jpg

Is there a push fit, compression fitting or solvent weld way to connect this type of fitting to the compression fit waste pipe?
NW-F47295_wl.jpg

WMF4.jpg

Is there a size difference in compression and push fit pipes? I think there might so the solution might be a little bit more complicated.

Except the new pipe is not grey, so I'm not sure what it is. It works with compression fittings.

Is there a push fit, compression fitting or solvent weld way to connect this type of fitting to the compression fit waste pipe?

Yes. but the W/M waste needs a trap on it. You can't just attach the hose to the waste without one.

Okay, so that's made life more difficult. Not sure what to do. Is a trap required even if the waste pipe is specifically for the washing machine, isn't connected to any other pipes, is way beyond being horizontally level and it comes out of the washing machine at a much greater height that the waste pipe?

Okay, so I'm stumped. How can I create a trap without the extra pipework going up? I really need it to stay low.

Run the waste hose and cold water inlet hose at a low level behind the dishwasher and connect them up in the unit below the sink You can get extensions for both if they are too short. You could deal with the electrics the same way and you'll have nothing behind the washing machine at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back