New french doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having a small kitchen extension and will replace the old single back door thats part of the new extension with wooden french doors. My question is, do the new doors need to have a vent fitted in them?
Thanks
pete

Sponsored Links
Not entirely sure I understand what you’re doing but if the new French doors are internal then no. Replacement external doors/windows are only required to have trickle vents fitted if the were previously fitted; external doors in new builds/extensions should have trickle vents fitted.

Thanks Richard, the doors will be in the new extension and the old door now becomes a door into the hall. So the new are external. Looks like i need to buy and fit vents. Anyone now a site that sells trickle vents either in brass or brushed ali.

Sponsored Links
O/k, i found a site "inbrass" that has just what we need and have placed an order for the brass trickle vents.
pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back