New heating system

I would rarely recommend replacing a properly functioning cylinder with a combi boiler.

Apart from flow rate limitations, they have the benefit of a backup immersion heater in case of boiler failure or the Russians turning off the gas supply.

So my advice would be to replace the cylinder and deal with the blocked feed pipe at the same time!

Sponsored Links
I would rarely recommend replacing a properly functioning cylinder with a combi boiler.

Apart from flow rate limitations, they have the benefit of a backup immersion heater in case of boiler failure or the Russians turning off the gas supply.

So my advice would be to replace the cylinder and deal with the blocked feed pipe at the same time!
so when the bad Russians cut off the UK gas supply then all those with system boilers will be fine , you are so full of it Tony and I would love for you to argue with me in the CC about , LPG injection , which areas would be cut in the event of insufficient supply of Natural gas , who would be cut off first and what the national plan to reinstate supply after such a cessation, which percentage of UK supply comes from your BBC Russia , you are talking absolute rubbish , yet another post to be deleted , stick to what you know , which now is comedy

Fix what you have, if you save £100 a year in gas with a new boiler, taking 16 years to pay for itself by than its seen the best of its days and will want changing again. Plus I doubt it will be perfect for all that time and will want money spent on as well. The whole buy new and save money is a total myth.

Sponsored Links
£1600??...Seems expensive to me , £1150.00 would be somewhere near the mark which would be inclusive of any gas pipe upgrade that might be necessary.
Make a point of telling the installer to remove all rubbish except for the non ferrous metals.
Obviously a 50% retention will be held back for a 12 month period.
The 1st annual service will be inclusive within the £1150.00 installation cost.
Electricity used for power tools/kettles/phone charging will be counter claimed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back