New hot water cylinder specification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All

I'm ordering a new hot water cylinder from the manufacturer (as the dimensions I need do not seem to be available as a standard order). The manufacturer wants me to specify the tappings. There seems to be a choice of various sizes of "BSP" male and female fittings, along with thermostats and immersion heater fittings. Please can you advise on what I should specify? Do I need special shower tappings?

If it helps:
Dimensions 400mm x 1500mm clinder, Indirect system
I have a (pumped, 3bar) power shower in the (ajacent) bathroom, and also another shower connected to the same pump in a room above where the cylinder is located (loft).
I need an immersion heater as a backup.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
have you tried your local merchants, i picked one up the other day. i know most are 450mm wide but you might find some one who has the odd one in stock. they usually come with five 1" tappings anyway, one for feed, two for primary coil, and one for dhw outlet. and then one which is basically acting as an essex flange i.e you tap your shower pump off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back