New hot water/heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating my home and thought it would be a good idea to update my hot water systemwhilst the house is in peices.

The house is 4 bed,2 bathroom. Pressure is 3 bar on static test, 0.7 bar when I teat the pressure with a trap running and flow rate is 13l/min.

I have ruled combi out. Thinking about a medium sized tank vented or unvented system. Would appreciate any thoughts. Cheers

Sponsored Links
How many people in house?
How many kids?
How many people wanting hot water at the same time?
How many baths a night?
How much hot water do you require?

4-6 adults in the house. All professionals who what showers in the morning at 6-8am. One ensuite shower (yet to be constructed), the other is a bathroom with shower over the bath. Baths are rare. Lots of people use the water at the same time etc.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

James a combi boiler will supply (even minimum sized one) sufficient hot water for one outlet be it a tap or a shower.

Bigger combi will supply more hot water but running two outlets will be unsatisfactory. Fitting flow regulators may help as boiler then has to deliver only, say 6/l to each shower and boiler rated 12l/ minute capacity could do that unless someone ran another hot tap.

In you situation I would instal an unvented cylinder run from a combi with combi supplying HW to the second shower.

Sponsored Links
with such poor pressure and flow, combis and unvented systems are out the question unless you invest in improving it.
Otherwise you'll be better off with a vented tank, storage tank in loft and shower pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back