new house, boiler seems dead?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, just moved into my new house today.

It's got a Raveneat RSF84 combi boiler in it and a programmer downstairs with various options like on, off, advance, once and the like.

I've turned on the hot water tap and don't get any hot water.

The boiler has a electric switch next to it and that is switched on but the boiler doesn't seem to be doing anything

I think the owners left a few weeks ago so they may have shut it down semi-permanently?

Anybody have any ideas how to get it working?

BW

Sponsored Links
You need about 1.5 Bar pressure indicated on the guage.

Check the fise box is all as expected.

Under current practice the seller is required to notify the buyer if any of the equipment is not in working order and can be charged with the cost of repairs to anything found to be faulty at the time of the sale.

You could replace the 3A fuse in the switched spur.

You could ask the seller or their solicitor! If the latter be quite serious and indicate that if there is a problem with the boiler you will be claiming the costs of repair from them so it would be better if they came and sorted it out before you have to call anyone.

Its your responsibility to ensure everything is switched on and there is pressure in the boiler.

Call me from in front of the boiler if you like, but only after 1000hrs!

Tony

Sponsored Links
silly question have you tried turning up the hw dial on the front panel.

Hi everyone.

Sorry for the late replying, it's only because I've just moved in.

I managed to sort it out.

Within the kitchen I found a switch completely un-named and flicked it on. I then heard a sound upstairs, went to check the boiler and we have power to the boiler :D

The Hot DHW and CH works fine so that's all good.

Does anybody have any honest views on my boiler model (Ravenheat RSF82e) are there any known weak points? I'm thinking of getting it serviced in about October this year to ensure it'll be good for winter. Good idea? or wasting dough?

Cheers

BW

A service not a bad idea, as long as the right person does it.

Even better idea will be to put a label on the switch, and the boiler showing where the switch is.

Better still to get it serviced before the end of August when gas engineers are less busy. Come October we are working hard on repairs.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back