New Ideal Combi Boiler from eBay - Warranty Question?

Do Iguanas have their head in the sand?

This is the company that the UK Government have entrusted to give out all the Warmfront grants. Strangely, they do a lot of Warmfront work themselves..... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
The HE is a much better boiler than the old m30100 scat

I just hate working on the things. Why anyone would want to cram so much into such a tiny space is beyond me.

I'm a big fella and i just don't fit in there :LOL:

I agree and my problem is having to remove so many bits to get to the part that needs fixing :rolleyes:

OP, I've just had a look on Ebay and there's a seller hawking a "brand new" Isar m30100 combi - they haven't been made for over 5 years.

Caveat emptor, as you've already been told.

Don't have a problem with the Icos, prefer not to fit combis if I can help it, and I don't fit Geeeerman stuff (or French, or Italian). Prefer to fit British made, fit them properly and have no callbacks. System design and system cleanliness are the keys to reliability.

Sponsored Links
I have a guy on my rounds who has a brand new elm leblanc gvm 4.20 in the garage he bought for a spare when he had the original installed in 1986. Boxed up and sealed.

ollski said:
I have a guy on my rounds who has a brand new elm leblanc gvm 4.20 in the garage he bought for a spare when he had the original installed in 1986. Boxed up and sealed.

Evidently the first boiler never gave any problems!

They were so reliable in the UK they stopped selling the spares!

Tony

Agile said:
They were so reliable in the UK they stopped selling the spares!

Tony

They had to, they were bought out and closed down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back