New Installation of Steam sauna - assistance required please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I am just coming to the end of a large refurbishment project for my boss's house, but I have reached an impasse.

The steam sauna we have fitted (last minute thing, no manuals either, and what paperwork was present is in Czech) requires, it would seem, at least 1.0 bar of cold water pressure to enable use of the steam generator. I am puzzled as to why as I just assumed that the steam generator would generate its own pressure whilst heating the water, but it appears not.

Anyhoo, long story short, I'm thinking of using an accumulator to boost the cold pressure just enough to kick the steamer in. When the shower part of it is being used daily, this should (hopefully?) supply enough power / pressure to successfully use the accumulator.

My questions are:

1. Am I on the right track
and
2. What size accumulator would I need?

Hope you can offer some advice, thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Simple shower pump should do, or run it off mains with a pressure reducing valve set to 1.0 bar is even easier, I'd stick a non return valve on also

You should already have 1 bar cold pressure at the mains.
Otherwise you have very poor cold main.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back