New kitchen electrics

If you are coming up with needing 4mm for a domestic ring then you are probably doing something wrong, as RF says, its unlikely that you'd not be able to make 2.5mm comply by taking care on the routing.

I can remember being told about one job where the design came back and said 6mm² for the ring final circuits... the designer was asked if he'd care to be on site for second fixing :LOL: , he went back to the drawing board and came up with something that was slightly more conventional

Sponsored Links
If you are coming up with needing 4mm for a domestic ring then you are probably doing something wrong, as RF says, its unlikely that you'd not be able to make 2.5mm comply by taking care on the routing.
I would certainly agree that 4mm² for a domestic ring final is very unusual, but I can't help but wondering how often 2.5mm² is actually strictly compliant. For example, it only requires just over 100mm of the cable to be within insulation, or for there to be a grouping of 3 or more cables somewhere in the run, for the CCC of 2.5mm² to fall below 20A - and I can't help but wonder how often minor localised routing issues such as that get 'overlooked'.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back