New Kitchen tap - hot water flow rate very low

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been having a new kitchen fiitted and the sink went in yetserday. Apart from the waste pipe leaking and the tap pipework being unsupported and poorly laid out, the hot water tap now has a very low flow rate compared to the previous tap/sink.

Any suggestions as to whether this could be tap or pipework related? The fitters should be back shortly to sort out snags, and this is one I really would like sorted, but, don't want to blame them for something unless there is a strong probability it was of their doing.

Sponsored Links
the tap fitted is probably designed for high pressure system eg combi if you have tank in loft & cylinder you will need a low pressure tap

I did think that, but specification of tap does not imply that. States tap is designed to work from 0.5 bar

if you have a showy Italian tap which has pipes the size of pencils going into it, you will never get as much flow as from a big British tap with big waterways and 1/2" connections.

One of the penalties of being stylish.

Sponsored Links
:( I guess you're right. It's actually an expensive German tap actually. So now you've got me to fit RCBOs for the electrical work and knocking me down with my choice of tap :lol

Must admit the 10mm feed pipes do look small, but as we have a loft extension and the water tank has been raised, I thought the additional head would help.

Nah, thats your prob as johnd says your a "style victim " . Check your plumber has not fitted bollofix Vvs or check Vvs as this will further impede flow .It is a frequent problem these days , saves on water though

sorry to resurect this thread, but I have found that Blanco do a booster pump
http://www.blanco.co.uk/test/spec.php?product_code=ablancobooster
but it's pretty expensive at near £200. Just wondered if anybodythinks it's worth the monry or just live with the reduced hot water flow rate?

The only alternative I can find is considerably cheaper but only has the pump - which doesn't seem to be a problem to me
http://www.inspiredheating.co.uk/acatalog/GRUNDFOS_HOME_BOOSTER.html

Advice greatfully accepted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back