New Member! Central Heating Advice - Baxi 105HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy all, just bought my first house a few weeks ago and ever since have been trawling these forums for various bits and pieces, as the world of DIY has been thrust upon me!

I was just looking for a bit of advice with regards to my central heating/hot water system...

The boiler i have fitted is a Baxi 105HE, which is fine for hot water, i'm just having a few usage issues with the central heating side.

At the moment the boiler is just operating on the bog standard mechanical 24hr timer that comes fitted with the unit. When the weathers very cold outside... It's cold inside. and when the weathers hot outside... It's too hot inside! (can you see where this is going!?) Also, there is no way of telling the boiler that i'm at home during the day at weekends, and that i'd really like heating up!

What i need is some kind of thermostat setup and a 7 day programmable unit, but looking through the Baxi manual and on various other parts/accessories sites i'm unable to find anything. Other than the (rather expensive) Baxi RF Wireless Thermostat, which is again just 24hr. and the Baxi 7 day programmer (which doesn't have a thermostat built in). Can these two be used together?

This is where i was hoping some of you helpful boiler minded people might be able to shed some light and help! Can anyone recommend a setup that would suite my needs?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Dave :D

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back