New Member query - Baxi Combi hot water problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post, so be gentle.

We have recently been unable to get any hot water from our Baxi Combi Boiler. I'm not sure of the model, but judging by the baxi website, it looks like a more basic version of the 105 (it just has 3 indicator lights, rather than the 10 on the 105 model).

We moved in a year ago and the previous owner claimed that the boiler was installed 3 years previously, so approx 4 years old.

Around a month ago, the hot water became a problem. There was no hot water unless the CH was put on. However, now there is no hot water at all, even when the heating is on. The CH is fine.

I don't know if anyone will be able to shed any light, given the sparse details, but any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
First place that I would look would be the diaphragm on the diverter valve, a nice easy job to do

First place that I would look would be the diaphragm on the diverter valve, a nice easy job to do

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a quick check that an unskilled person (ie me) could do to see if this is the problem? Or is it a job for a corgi engineer?

If the latter, what is likely to be the price of sorting it?

If you drop down the control panel you will see the diverter valve on the lower left hand side of the boiler. The bit that you need to be looking at is the brass assembly held together with about eight cross head screws with a microswitch on the end there is a slim chromed pin that should slide out and action on the microswitch when the hot water is flowing, if the pin doesn't slide out and operate the microswitch then I should first of all change the diaphragm. You will need to isolate the DHW inlet and drain down the DHW down but you should not need to disturb the gas. A word of caution, if there is still some water in the system and it comes out when you undo the screws, the water can flow into the circuit board and be quite costly so make sure that you have a large towel handy

Sponsored Links
amazing isn't it we can put a man on the moon but can't make a peice of rubber last 3 yr :cry:

Sadly there is no profit in making things last anymore, and would folk pay for stuff that lasted anyway?

Some rubbers dont last 3 minutes............................................................................................................................................................................................................Wait for it.................................Here they come.................................

Some rubbers dont last 3 minutes............................................................................................................................................................................................................Wait for it.................................Here they come.................................

Sun got to your head Baxymaxy or is it the summer hours and the very early finish. :D :D

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a quick check that an unskilled person (ie me) could do to see if this is the problem? Or is it a job for a corgi engineer?

If the latter, what is likely to be the price of sorting it?

Its not such a difficult job for a competent DIYer, In London we charge an inclusive £106 but in Manch it might be a lot less in the northern areas but perhaps about the same in the affluent south!

I really miss the balti mile but my friend there died suddenly a couple of years ago and so I dont have anywhere to stay in Manch now. I really miss him although I only saw him every couple of months. Having said that my trainee moved there last week so when he gets his own place.....

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back